Saturday, March 30, 2013

First Letter from the MTC! Awesome....March 30, 2013


HOLA!!!!!!! We do get to email this week! I've taken pictures, I'm just not sure how to send them yet? I wrote you a letter today! It has things in it that I figured I wouldn't have time to email. These first few days have been crazy busy!!!!!!!! But I love it all! I know Johnny didn't like the MTC, but I kind of do! Though I've only been here for 3 or 4 days (I never know what day it is, just if its the 29th or 30th, etc.) and not 13 weeks so we'll see if i still like it at 6 weeks. haha. My distrito es muy awesome!!!! (like my spanglish?! I'm sure something in there is wrong haha). The elders have really incredible testimonies and the sisters are way fun too! We all get along great! All of us are going to Ventura except 2 elders! I didn't remember where they are going.  I feel like I have so much to say, but I don't know what to say!!! Everything is great!!!!!!! The food is alright. 

So...here's some funny stuff that I've overheard around the MTC. Has made me laugh so much.  I've heard the elders say (yes, I've written them down!) 
1)  the orange juice is explosive (if you've heard the rumors about the OJ in the MTC, then you understand what this means).
2) speaking of samoans, i have girl scout samoas in my luggage.

Also, while I've been here, I've thought of advice for people that have their calls (shout out to Ben M., Ben S., Logan, and Josef!) Seriously, the mtc is great!!!!! Memorize "your purpose" in PMG. It's page one and in the red box. Do it in English, and if you're learning a language, do it in that, too. I wish I did that. That's all I have but I seriously wish someone told me to do that before I entered the mtc. 

Also, in one of our classes the teacher said this and I really liked it "your scriptures are your weapon, never go to war without your weapon." 

I also saw Lauren my first day, but that was it. She's doing great!!

And we've sung a lot so far. yes, I've actually reallly sung. We even sang a song in Spanish!!! That was incredible!!! It was "Called to Serve", and it was in one of our many Spanish books.

I don't know what else to say! Oh my estimated leave-the-mtc date is May 6th. Oh and I got your package!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Love and miss y'all!!!

Love,

hermana rubow :)

No comments:

Post a Comment