Monday, February 3, 2014

Faith and Hope...And Hannah.....February 3, 2014

So, to start things off, how do you know your're a missionary (in the US)? we found out yesterday that it was the superbowl and we had no idea! (mom note: hannah is not allowed to watch tv, etc so her sense of time is very different than it would be had she not been on a mission.)   what the what?! haha. not that i ever really paid attention to it before, but i came as a surprise to us. 

also i'm doing a lot better! this week has been really good!  

oh and question!!!! do you know of any talks about the difference between faith and hope? we're stumped! or any opinions, too. (if anyone has any insights on this, please feel free to write! an email or a letter.....Hermana Rubow; 3301 W. Gonzales Rd; Oxnard, CA 93036... *wink wink, nod nod* haha:) ) 

lessons this week!

We also met with V. this week! I love teaching her! She really feels the spirit and her face just lights up about everything when we teach her. We taught about the importance of attending church, praying, and reading the scriptures. She said she prayed about the Book of Mormon and she felt a lot of peace when she prayed. She also said that she is going to talk with a co-worker about taking turns working on Sunday so that she can come to church at least every other Sunday for now. 

We also had a really good lesson with B. We took a different approach with her. We've tried being bold and loving at the same time, but this past week we were just softer with her. She told us that she believes this is all true--the church, the Book of Mormon, everything, she just doesn't have a desire to be baptized right now. After she told us all this, we just told her how important she is-her thoughts and feelings as well, and how we're not here to force her to do anything, and how much we really care about her. Doing that helped so much. I don't know when she'll be ready to be baptized, and that's okay, but she at least feels cared about.  that's most important.

oh my goodness i can not even begin to tell you how incredible interviews were. President Castro is amazing! I am so grateful for him and all that he does. Sometimes I think about my life and what it would be like if I hadn't met the people I've met on my mission, and my life would be empty. Their family is amazing. I love them all sooooo much. President Castro is inspired. He knows what to say to each of us. He said he knows yall are proud of me. I cant remember it all right now, but i did write about it in my journal. (and I do that every day. its nice) 

speaking of doing things everyday-prayer and reading the book of mormon. before my mission, i wasnt the greatest at doing that. but i love it!!!!! i cant explain it, but its just really important to me. 

and I dont have much time left, but thanks for everything yall do! i hope you got my letter from last week and the week before.

have a good week!

love yall

love

hermana rubow

No comments:

Post a Comment