Hi Familia,
It's been a good week. We were able to meet some cool people. We met C. He is awesome! He would make such a great member! He's studied a lot of different religions, and he hasn't really found one he likes. He was raised catholic by tradtion, but he doesn't really attend the catholic church anymore. He didn't want to raise his kids that way either. They aren't baptized, but he wants them to be baptized into a church at some point. He's looking for the true church, but he just hasn't found it. But we were able to talk a little about the restoration and how Joseph Smith had the same questions he has, and we gave him a Book of Mormon and told him he can find his answers there as he studies and prays about it.
We also met A. She's a young mom with 3 kids and one on the way. She seemed to really like the things we talked about with her and she's reallly willing to listen and learn. We taught the Restoration and it seemed to make sense to her.
We also helped S's mom this week. She needed our help with a few things. We also tried meeting with S. this week as well. He was out of town for a few days, but we met with him yesterday a little. He'll be out of town again for a little while, so we won't be able to see him. We aren't exactly sure for how long, though.
And this is also the last week of the transfer. So next week I'll know if I'm staying or going. I hope I'm staying. We both feel like we'll be staying together. I hope so. Hermana Reyes already jokingly "proposed" to me, so we kind of have to. :) (get it..."till death do we part")
And I also helped translate at church yesterday. It was hard, but kind of fun. Hermana Reyes and I switched off for every testimony. Testimony meeting was good, too. A lot of people talked about how they like that the church is the same everywhere you go. One lady compared it to McDonalds, and then the guy after her said something like "we should have the nickname 'McMormon' since we're both the same everywhere!"
I would also like to take a moment to formally call out Robert John Rubow, Junior. I mailed you a letter like a month ago, and I included a stamp. And I haven't heard anything from you. Maybe I should have included a pre-addressed envelope, too. :) But anyway! Write me back!
Also, I hope dad enjoyed his birthday! Looks like y'all had fun camping. And good luck to Elder Rubow as well! Have fun in the MTC! Don't drink the orange juice. Go smell the cream soda tree (I think thats what it smellls like). Let mom and dad take as many pictures of you as they want before going through the dropoff line. :)
Thanks for all you do!! Have a great week! I love you all!!!
Love,
Hermana Rubow
No comments:
Post a Comment