Hi Familia,
Guess what!! I am going to Paso Robles! I'll be in the Les Robles spanish branch (AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!)! And I'll be the Designated driver, which means i get to look forward to about a three hour drive from ventura to paso robles tomorrow! :) and I think i'm with a sister who has been out about as long as me?
Hermana Hernandez and I are great! She's like my sister. I am sad to be leaving her, but I'm glad we had 12 weeks together! For the past six weeks we've been living just me and her in the same apartment and the other two sisters live down stairs! it was fun!
ohhhhh i am still shy. haha. i dont know if its better than when i left haha.
i just traded like 2 skirts. haha :) and my clothes are doing well!!! I'm good with clothes!! i mix them up, etc! And they still fit! haha :)
ohhh man i've learned so much since i've been out. and i cant wait to learn more! sometimes i just feel bad about how i was before. i was a dumb teenager. haha just like how i handled things with people or how i let my opinions of others be easily influenced (i'm not putting that on anyone. i think i've learned to see people more as children of Heavenly Father because I see that more in myself.
and sister southam and i still write each other! She seems soooooooo nice!!!!!!!!! i cant wait to meet her!!!
who are your teachers?!?! i really liked my science foundations teacher!!!! i think his name was harley king? somthing like that? and foundations history? i dont remember who mine was, but i might recognize the name?
also, carne en su jugo is sooooooooooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we've been making quesadillas wrong our whole lives. it needs to be corn tortillas with mozzarella cheese.
also, this week we past by this old lady and she said she wanted a badge. random, i know, but it was funny :)
also this week i learned that people tattoo their eyebrows!!!!! what the what!!! i knew people would tattoo their make up (which sounds painful) but eyebrows?!?! hahaa ahhhhhhhh
and can you send me this talk "a heavenly manifestation" by heber c. hale. hermana hernandez had me read it this past week and it is soooooo thought provoking.
also, hna hernandez has this video that really good! its called "another testament:reflections of Christ" its about this photographer and the process i guess he used to take these photos of when Christ came to the Americas. the pictures are soooooo good and the part about what inspired him to make it is really neat!
not much else new!!!! i'm almost done packing!! have a good week!!
love yall!!!
love,
hermana rubow
ps-dad, the truck picture was really funny. every time i see these big trucks that are lifted or whatever, i do think of that song haha


No comments:
Post a Comment