hey family!!!!!
haha so the subject:we talk in british accents in the car! sometimes it slips when we talk with people haha! this week was rather chilly. it never got over 90 degrees this past week. HAHA
I wrote down some things I wanted to email! if i don't get to them all and I don't get to your email, then I'll write a snail mail. :) oh and the pictures i sent were a draft that saved from last week.
so we found out yesterday, right after we found out where the room is, that we're teaching gospel principles (english). haha! so I wish i went to a few gospel principles classes before I came out so i can see what it's like.
oh and our talk...we found out its in June! whew!
oh and we went to RS yesterday in spanish. we switch every week! it was really cool! i like how I focus more on what i feel because I don't understand every word yet. though it would be easy to zone out because I don't know what is going on, but i don't want to do that. and the spanish sisters I've met really want to help us with our spanish! they're great! I'm learning that hispanic people are some of my favorite people. they're really genuine and just really great! plus, they show love through food, and what could be better than that?! haha :)
we had a tri stake RS conference this week. that was sooooooo great!!! it was about finding joy in the journey. i took notes, but i don't have them with me. they had really great speakers at it too!
mi companera is muy awesome! (yay spanglish) her hermano sent her mustaches that stick to your face, so yesterday we had a mustache party! haha how do guys do those mustache things!!! my nose was soooo itchy!! plus is makes drinking hard! haha
oh and my lyle hadlcock CD doesnt work. and if its not too much to ask to send, I've heard that the CD "a nashville tribute to joseph smith" is really good.
oh and we hopefully have a baptism soon! mary and franky (the investigators that live together with her parents)! franky is moving out to an apartment down the street, so they can be baptized!!! YAY!!!
this week we met a guy named street. haha.
at one of the high schools here, AFJROTC is mandatory. ouch. haha thats rough. I've told people I was in rotc, but thats it. i told my comp. about being corps commander though.
oh funny story. one of our dinner appointments this week was with a spanish lady. the elders had to sit outside the door because there wasn't another male. the sister is really sweet, and if you deny their food, you deny their love. she made these tortillas special for me and my comp. to eat with the chicken soup. we were stuffed. but we felt like we had to eat more tortillas. but we couldn't eat anything. so i stuffed a warm tortilla in my skirt. hahaha we were dying!!!!! and the lady wasn't paying attention because the elders were sharing a scripture with her! so funny!! i would never, ever want to hurt anyone's feelings out here, but oh my goodness, i couldn't eat another bite.
oh and i've been told "i love your dimples" a few times here! haha :)
oh and sister farley in the RS pres.in our ward told me that her brother lives in Durham!!!!! but in a different ward!
out of time now!!!!
love yall!!!
love,
hermana rubow!!! :)
haha so the subject:we talk in british accents in the car! sometimes it slips when we talk with people haha! this week was rather chilly. it never got over 90 degrees this past week. HAHA
No comments:
Post a Comment