hola familia! things are great here! it's weird that its our last week, but I'm glad to not have to eat cafeteria food. with our new schedule, we had the temple this morning, so we had breakfast there after! I had a waffle with blueberry stuff on it! it was soooooooooooooooo good!
I saw hermana tucker!!!! its fun seeing people from back home!!!
this week has been pretty great!! we got new teachers, so we have new investigators. we haven't taught them yet. we all already miss our old teachers even though are new ones are great. my favorite thing hermano cuadra said "if you invite someone to come, it means that you are already there." (talking about inviting others to come unto Christ.) and he would always tell us feliz navidad haha! hermano cuadra has one of the strongest testimonies i've ever heard and seen and he has the most incredible life story! and today we're having a picnic for lunch with our district! that should be fun!!!!!
cool thing i thought this week. before I came, my reasons for coming were about how I've received many blessings in my life because of the gospel, so I want to share it. but being here has changed that. i want to serve a mission for others. its about THEM, the people that I will teach. not just because I've received blessing from the gospel. does that make any sense? :)
oh and thank you for the packages!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i love smelling like curve again and my sweatshirt!
oh and we got to host again!!!! a family asked me to take a picture with their iphone, and I had no idea what to do with it!!!!!!!!!! hahaha
its sooooo weird that we're leaving monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but i'm ready to be in the field!!!! even though my spanish isn't perfect! but i can tell you when its cold, where I'm from, my name, where I'm going, my testimony, and pray. that's all i need right?! haha
question!! who else is putting in their papers, etc?! just curious!
oh and one of my pics was with sister bowen! shes our branch pres's wife! she's not gonna be at church sunday, so she came to visit us one day this week. we all love her!!!!!! she's great!!!
oh and my companion was sick with a cold this week. she went to the health center and they gave her a prescription b/c we leave monday. we had to get it at the BYU health center. which is off campus!!!!! we walked there! that was weird, but fun! (can you believe there is a life outside the MTC?! haha)
and another pic i have is me smelling the cream soda tree! haha it smells just like cream soda!
laundry this morning: we got in trouble for being there at 3 am. we've only been doing this for 3 weeks and we get in "trouble" today. no big deal. the security people weren't mad because we didn't know any better. and we didn't have to leave because we already started our laundry! sweet!
oh and in our class building, there's a girl on our hall from ventura and she said there are these cute thrift shop places!!!!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!! (the hermanas in my district are converted to goodwill :) yes!)
(mom note: we found out yesterday that we have to put Hannah's beloved Honey (aka fat dog) to sleep. We decided to do that tomorrow and in preparation of that, we thought we should tell Hannah what was going on. This was an agonizing decision to make, because if anyone knows Hannah, they know how much she loves this dog. This dog was the one constant in Hannah's recovery from Pulmonary Embolisms....and we are broken hearted to see this sweet, gentle dog go. Here is Hannah's response to the news:) I'm really, really, really glad you told me! I'm sure this was really hard to write. I love y'all! and my fat dog :) I probably look like an idiot because I'm crying over this, but I don't even care. Maybe it's good that I'm not there to see her go through all this because she's my fat dog! But I know y'all are taking good care of her!! :) she's sooooo cute :) "do you love her?" "i do!" also, i don't remember if i added this in an email, but i've told my district about fat dog like when we talk about our families and stuff, and I'm pretty sure they love her too! but come on, who doesn't?! :) I haven't told them about her being put down yet, but I will. love y'all! give her a hug for me! and tell her i love her!! and give her a piece of cheese for me!!!!!!
Since Hannah's camera/computer weren't allowing her to share pictures, I thought I'd share pics of Hannah's favorite being on the planet. Here are some recent photos of "fat dog".
Honey on the way to the vet...
Honey at the vet.....
Honey at our house just hanging out...May 1, 2013
| Hannah and Honey when they were both so teeny. Aren't they adorable???!!!!! |
love,
hermana rubow :)

No comments:
Post a Comment