"and behold, sleep had overpowered them because of their much fatigue which was caused by the labors and heat of the day" alma 51:33
this basically describes this past week. haha we have been doing a ton of knocking. and finding. normally it wouldnt be too bad, but we have to find only spanish people. and there arent too many areas with only spanish speakers. and the areas we have, we're there almost all the time so we're getting a little tired of the same areas. but life is good!
we met a lady named l. she was a former investigator. her daughter is planning on getting baptized, but she lives in a different area. we stopped by and her grandson answered. they let us in and her daughter told us that her mom, l., was telling her that she has been feeling lonely right before we got there. i love little things like that!!! we set up a return appointment to help her out, read scriptures with her, etc.
we also met a man at the door that made me think of dad. haha we was wearing a "fur vest" he was a little bigger than dad. it just made me laugh. it was SO hard to not laugh at the door!
also! we had dinner with the RS president and she made this thing called cheeseburger salad!!!! its a pampered chef recipe and its sooooo good!!!!! she said its easy to make too!
we also scared a. right before our appointment. we knocked at the door, and he came out the side door. he had headphones on and hna smith says "hola" and he looks over and screams! it was pretty funny
also, we practice rolling our "r's." i can do it, but not when i speak. like...i cant do it with words. but i can sound like chewbacca when i practice it. thats all you need right? haha
also, we had a dinner appointment this week, and when i talked, about 90% of the time it was in a southern accent. i also gave the thought and closing prayer. i'm learning to bite my tongue....so i dont laugh hahaha.
we also met a guy named j. this week. he calls his.....wife....girlfriend "mi mujer" (my woman). but he was really nice!! he said he's willing to learn more/look into our religion.
and the wendys coupons were perfect!
our investigators are good. nothing too exciting going on. they dont come to church.... yet. haha. if it comes down to it, we're gonna tie em up and stick em in the trunk. maybe that'll help. :) JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!
hope yall have a great week!!! thanks for everything you do!!!
love yall!!!!
love hermana rubow!!!
PS...Hannah sent a snail mail letter that was pretty awesome this week. Her letter said, "It seems like the longer I've been out, the more I feel like I know Christ and Heavenly Father. I feel like they know me and are aware of me and like I really matter to them. Everyone should go on a mission! I don't know.....I'm just grateful for the Atonement and for everything God does for us. Also, I'm really excited for Christmas! Cold weather, hot chocolate, caroling...if I'm still here (wait, did I say that?!! me sing?! ha!) and all the other fun stuff that comes with Christmas. People here go all out for Halloween, I can't even imagine what they do for Christmas!!!!!! :)
If anyone ever wants to write a letter from back home, those are always so fun and awesome to get. :)
| the thorn Hannah found in her foot on Halloween night. |
| When Johnny gets home |
| Hannah said this was the best of both worlds....she said this picture cracked her up! |
| I guess Hannah needs to sing now! |
No comments:
Post a Comment