Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Great Week! :) April 14, 2014

Hi Familia,
week has been great! I am so grateful to be serving with Hermana Ah Mu. She is HYSTERICAL! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. She's been out about 10 months and she's from Missouri. (oh and they all love the stickers!) Fun fact! Her aunt is Sister Voyles from the District videos. She is a really great missionary. She's very diligent and very obedient, and I love that! We've worked on contacting some referrals that have been in our area book, and we've met some really great people. 

We met this man named A. and he didn't have much time, but we gave him a Restoration pamphlet and he seemed really interested in reading it. He also said he would try to come to church some time with his wife. 

We met a woman named C. this week. We talked with her about the Book of Mormon and found out that she has one. She's met with missionaries before, and she told us she really likes reading the Book of Mormon. She also asked us how she can know it's true, and we told her that through sincere prayer she can know, and that through the Holy Ghost she will receive an answer. Before we met her, we also met a woman named Maria. She has also met with missionaries before and she is willing to learn more. We were able to give her a Book of Mormon and she said she would read it and that we can come back.  We also had a lesson with another guy, A. It was my second time teaching him, and we taught the Restoration. He had read the pamphlet sometime in the past, and he remembered a lot. He has really great desires to know and he loves when we come over. 

Hermana Ah Mu and I are doing really well. I really enjoy working with her. I can tell that she is the kind of missionary that wants to and tries to leave an area better than she found it. We've got a lot of things to fix in this area that haven't been done lately. There's been a tone that's been set with the members and from/with the missionaries, and all four of us want to fix it. Our ward mission leader also has helped a lot with this. He is very supportive of us and he knows our purpose as missionaries. Something he did that we all really liked is that he took our meal calendars and wrote "lessons with the missionaries." He said that dinner is nice, but it's not about the dinners. It's about helping the members to want to share the gospel and to get them excited and enthusiastic about missionary work. He also gave us all CD's with all the conference talks on them!

And Easter. Lately I've been wanting those Hersheys hugs. Haha thats probably weird. And I love the chocolate covered marshmallows, haha. But honestly, whatever you do will be great! 


thanks for all you do!!! I love you and I hope you all have a great week!

love

hermana rubow




Hermana Bartschi, she left...  :(  

Our new district

The biggest burrito I've ever seen! 

Hannah said they hadn't had bed frames (just mattresses and box springs on the floor) and now they do.  

                         Hermana Martin, Hermana Rubow, and Hermana Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment