Monday, April 7, 2014

Saying Goodbye to Hermana Corniea and Saying Hello to Hermana Ahmu! ....April 7, 2014

Hey family! 
So, transfers! I'm staying, and I'll be working with Hermana Ahmu. Hermana Corniea is going to Solvang (she also trained Hermana Ahmu. Cool, huh?) And the other two hermana's are staying, Hermana Martin and Hermana Miller. It should be a fun transfer. Also, this upcoming transfer, we're having  a mission conference in Ventura. April 19. We're going to hear from Elder Russell M. Nelson. Sweet!!! 

Also, General Conference! I really liked it! I can't remember all that I liked, but I took notes and stuff. :)

I also gave a talk on virtue and how we can maintain virtue in district meeting this past week. It went well. I learned a lot from preparing it. While I was preparing it and talking to Hermana Corniea about it, one thing she said that stood out to me about our thoughts and virtue is that it's not just maintaining pure thoughts. It includes how we think about ourselves and not thinking negatively about ourselves, or others. I also realized that virtue is more than just sexual purity. It's a big part of it. But virtue is who we are. Its our character. I also used the talk in the February 2014 Ensign by Richard G. Scott for my talk. I think it is called "A Life Full of Peace, Joy, and Purpose", or something along those lines. I really love what he says about maintaining character, etc. and I found it really applicable to virtue. I think the biggest ways we can maintain virtue is faith in Christ and his promises and Atonement, and also deciding now to be virtuous. They make it easier to be virtuous in the moments where we are tempted and tested.

I also don't know what else to write about........haha. It was a good week. And a fun transfer. And it will be another good week. And another fun transfer. Hermana Corniea is great and I'm grateful to have served with her!

love y'all. I'll write a snail mail. Because this was a short email. haha. Have a good week.

love

hermana rubow :)

see you in september. talk to you may 11th. :)


This was shared on another blog of a sister who lives in Hannah's apartment.  Hermana Miller captioned it as "Obviously, Hermana Rubow is a sports star!"  Too funny!!! 

Hannah's district.....hermana corniea, me; hermana martin, hermana miller; elder yager, elder kanenwisher; elder clark, elder agle

No comments:

Post a Comment