Hi Family,
This week has been really good! We've had some really good lessons and we've met some great people. We met with S. and J. Hermana Schmidt and I met S. on exchanges, and we've tried to meet with them since then, but it hasn't worked out. But we finally got to teach them both! We taught the Restoration, and it was a good lesson. S. and J. have a lot of questions, but they said they were willing to pray and ask if they should read it, and we gave them a copy so that they can start reading if they feel that it's okay.
We also met with M and J. He's a former investigator, and they are going through a divorce. For a while, we'd come and they would argue with each other in front of us. We talked a lot about our purpose as missionaries-that we're not here as marriage counselors but that we're here to share this gospel, and we talked about how the gospel blesses families. He really wants to start learning again. J. isn't interested in learning because she meets with the Jehovahs Witnesses, but she usually stays and listens.
J. is also doing well. This week we read 3 Nephi 11 with him. He really liked it. He's still figuring out how to get to church. He really wants to come, and it's incredible to see how much faith he has. A. is doing well, too! He came to church again, and this past week we had a good lesson on prayer. He's been wanting to learn how to pray, and he's going to practice this week. Baptism was also brought up, and he told us it is something he's been thinking a lot about. He wants to be baptized and he wants to be a member of this church. We set him with a date for June 28th!!!!!!!!
It looks like y'all have had a fun weekend! It's funny that you and Dan didn't get burnt-more funny that Dan didn't haha.
I'm excited to meet the new mission president. It's weird to think about getting a new one because the Castro's are incredible. We have interviews with President Castro this transfer sometime, too.
I also got money on my card! And I got the package! Thank you for all you do! I appreciate everything! I love the two shirts as well. And Hermana Ah Mu loved the Piggly Wiggly shirt, haha. The skirts you sent are also great!
Any cool stories......we met a guy named E. and he saw a commercial for the Book of Mormon and he wants to learn more about it. that was cool :)
What to do for me? I think the only thing is just call me Hermana Rubow. I don't have much time to be called that and it freaks me out---so I try not to think about it too much. Well, I do, but I don't have much time, I guess. :)
Thanks for all you do! I love you and I hope y'all have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Rubow
She said that she put her hair up in a braid one day and when she took it out, she thought that their hair looked similarly curly. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment