Friday, April 12, 2013

Ohhhh we're half-way there, oOoOhhhh livin' on a prayer....April 12, 2013




Hi Family,   

I'm gonna try to send pictures, so this email might be short, BUT I will write a letter letting you all know how the MTC is and stuff.  I can only send three at a time! but I figured it out so I should be able to write a short email and a letter! Oh and tell dad thanks for all the pics! Looks like fun! And i'm glad the dogs are clean! I could smell them all the way over here haha

Okay so I've taken a lot more pics, but those are the ones worth sending. Plus I now have 10 minutes to write an email. Oh and guess what!?  The hermanas in my district think my clothes are cute! We're already planning a goodwill shopping trip for when we get back! haha.

So I think my favorite talk from General Conference was the one about Strong Foundations. I think it was Saturday morning. It really stood out to me when he talked about how temples have strong foundations, and I'm kind of obsessed with temples.

(mom note: Here's the link to that talk.)
http://www.lds.org/general-conference/2013/04/a-sure-foundation?lang=eng

Spiritual moments since I've been in the MTC.....

-surprisingly the MTC choir. haha. i really love the songs we sing.
-reading my patriarchal blessing (if you and dad ever want to read it while i'm gone that's fine! :) ) i never realized that 90% of it was about being a missionary! it's awesome!
-so before one of the sessions started for General Conference, a picture of the Salt Lake Temple showed up on the screen and I saw it right as it did. (I was putting stuff down before so I wasn't really looking at the screen). I remember thinking "I love that I'm a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I love that I have this opportunity right NOW to be a missionary and a representative of Jesus Christ." I also have random spiritual moments like that quite often.  It's pretty cool. 
-So this week was kind of hard. We met with our 2nd investigator and I swear I forgot everything I knew in Spanish. As soon as I sat down I just wanted to leave and crawl under a rock. (I couldn't even understand what they were saying!!!) So the next day, I asked for a blessing from our district leader and his companion and it was EXACTLY what I needed to hear! (It was a little weird because it was my first blessing not from dad too)

 Oh and I saw Elder Heil, and I'm looking forward to seeing all the other people coming this month!!!!!!

I'm out of time, but i'll write more in a letter!!!! (but hey, i sent pictures!)

Love y'all!

Love,

hermana rubow!!

Pictures!











Hannah and Hermana Howell

Elder James wearing Hannah's nametag


Hard core Spanish class.....







Laundry as far as the eye can see!








Cupcakes we sent on April Fools Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment