Monday, April 15, 2013

Snail Mail Letter.....April 15, 2013

Hola!  I saw this card in the bookstore and I had to get it!  We get $8 every week on our ID cards, so I 've gotten flashcards, this card, and a small Spanish hymnal.  Things are good here....and things are better with the situation that wasn't great.  The food really isn't good here, but I can live with it for a few more weeks.  Last night, the hermanas in my district stayed up till like 11:00 just talking.  The new sisters in our room are way awesome, so they didn't seem to care.  But we were nice and kept the desk light on so it wouldn't be too bright.  It was nice.

The two little pieces of paper in this letter are from my second week here.  I keep forgetting to add them to my letters.  The first one says...Cool thing--go read Luke 11:34.  Did you see where it says, "when thine eye is single"?  Well in Spanish, it says "pues si tu ojo es bueno", which means when the eye is good or sees the good as is "thine eye is single to the glory of God".  Interesting huh?

The other piece of paper was this:  I just met with our branch president.  They've been doing individual meetings with each of us.  He had some interesting things to say, but I don't know if they were routine or inspired.  Either way, nice message from him.  He told me to not take things personally and to be positive when I write home.  He also told me to diligently write home.  He also had PEs!  (Pulmonary Embolisms)  That was interesting and his story for getting them is way worse than mine.  He got them 30 years after getting hit by a car on his mission in Argentina. Crazy!!!

Back to the original letter.....We started laundry earlier today.  We got up at 5:30 am today...bad idea.  The laundry room was packed!!!  What the what?!

We are going to the temple today!!  The Provo temple is really pretty!  I really like it.  It looks small, but it is kind of big!!!!  Crazy.

Also, when does Clarissa finish exams/get home for the summer?  I know that seems random.  All my emails and letters seem to not always make sense. We're all kind of brain dead around here.   Uhhh....I don't know what else to write.  I guess I could tell you more about my district.  OH WAIT! QUOTES!!

I have a fun list of quotes from folks in my district!  It's a long list, but some of the stuff is super funny!
-Don't stress, you'll get wrinkles!
-If I were married to someone like Luke Bryan, I'd get up at 4 am to milk a cow!  (Hermana Fitz said this...yay the South!  She's from Dallas)
-It's essential to God's plan, like pants.  Pants are essential!!
-"R" in Spanish is not "arrrrrgh".  What, so they don't like pirates?
-What is there's a train that comes through the MTC campus?  There's not even a train track!  It would be like the Polar Express!
-Can you do the first lesson in interpretive dance?
-FYI, it's salt...which is a mineral.  AKA, a rock!
-You're feeding me styrofoam!
-On the Mayflower, Noah put all the dinosaurs on it and they hit an iceberg.
-Francis is a very attractive dinosaur, but he's not into people (about an air filled dinosaur in our classroom)
-You don't speak dinosaur!
-I thought his pitch was perfect (crushed it)
-That was kind of weird becuase it was a purr, but kind of awesome because it was unintentional.  (Elder Bryson told this to me after I made a weird noise.  It was supposed to be like a "frustrated sigh" after I was asked how meeting with our investigator went.)
-You know what I wish we could do after the resurrection? Other than fly?  It'd be awesome to use the force.

(mom note:  I know that the inside jokes are a lot more fun to her than to us. I share them on here so she'll have the fun memories of her district from the MTC.

So, not much changes here.  How are y'all?  Did the water heater break from Dad's new aquarium being installed?  ha ha ha :)

OH!  My Spanish is getting better.  I can short prayers in Spanish and I can sort of bear my testimony. I said my first prayer in Spanish using one of our Spanish books.

That's all for now.  I'll write again soon.
Love y'all....
Love Hermana Rubow


No comments:

Post a Comment