Dear Familia,
I am so glad you know what Dear Elder is!!! I get your letter either that day or the next day so I get more time to email. Thank you for sending Tide pods. I needed them!!
Guess what we "did" for gym one day!? We (the sisters in my district) "skipped" going to real gym and played hide and seek in our residence hall. ha ha! And then we stretched and did yoga. It was tons and tons of fun! We laughed the whole time and the entire day.
And we showed everyone our family pics. My district thought Johnny's eyelash pic (see below pic) was intense and they thought it was funny that I call Honey and Diggie "fat dog" and "black dog".
I am so glad you know what Dear Elder is!!! I get your letter either that day or the next day so I get more time to email. Thank you for sending Tide pods. I needed them!!
Guess what we "did" for gym one day!? We (the sisters in my district) "skipped" going to real gym and played hide and seek in our residence hall. ha ha! And then we stretched and did yoga. It was tons and tons of fun! We laughed the whole time and the entire day.
And we showed everyone our family pics. My district thought Johnny's eyelash pic (see below pic) was intense and they thought it was funny that I call Honey and Diggie "fat dog" and "black dog".
BY THE WAY...CAN'T WAIT UNTIL WE SEE PICS OF HANNAH!!! :)
My luggage still smells syrupy (mom note: on our way to Utah to drop Hannah off at the MTC, her luggage was damaged during transit. All of her luggage must have been under someone else's luggage while in the airplane. That person carried a bottle of syrup in their checked luggage (idiot!) and it spilled all over two of her pieces of luggage. And saturated everything....the inside, the outside, the zippers, the lining, the pockets, etc. Thankfully, most of her stuff was in space bags, so most of it wasn't damaged, but the suitcases, even after thorough cleaning and airing out, still seem to have problems. I guess we now have to call Southwest to get this problem figured out.) The zippers and some of the other parts feel sticky and it smells. I've told some of the folks in my district about it in case they smell maple syrup.
Oh, our schedule....We wake up at 6:30, shower and have breakfast from 7:00 to 7:30 and then the gym, if we have morning gym time. Sometimes we have afternoon gym time. Then we have TALL, which is language study on a computer, lunch at 11:30, more language study, class instruction for three hours, dinner at 4:30 (like the old people at the cafeteria!!) additional study, daily planning, more class instruction for three more hours and then finally, we go back to our residence halls at 9:30 and bed at 10:30. For the most part, this is a typical schedule. We do all the same things every day, but the times may vary somewhat. Spanish is going alright. The first few days we all wished we would have put English speaking on our mission applications! But for the most part, I can understand what most people are saying. Which is awesome.
I do have the best district. We are in class together, we eat together, we hang out when we can. We get along really well. So here are the funny things that my district has been saying lately. I am sure I find it funnier, but I think it is pretty hilarious.
-"Liar, liar, pantalones presto frego"
-"this has to be good handwriting or everyone will judge us"
-(in a whisper) "He triple dog dared you. You have to do it."
-"Oh, like a dog. I thought you meant a chocolate lab like Willy Wonka"
-"Let's just pick all our favorite animals and put them on the ark"
-"A jackalope. is. REAL."
-"I thought it was an alien from Star Trek"
-"Who drew my nametag in the air? Does somebody want a deathwish?"
So, let me tell you about my district....
Elder Plyler from Washington
Elder Haneness (or something like that) from Idaho...he's the district leader (mom note: I can't read her writing to make out what his name is)
Elder Bryson
Elder Gahowski
Elder James
Sister Howell, my companion is from Idaho and goes to BYU
Sister Fitzpatrick from Dallas, TX. I now know what it is like when people think I have an accent. She has a thick Southern accent. WHICH I LOVE!! WHICH IS AWESOME!!!!
Sister Corniea from American Fork, Utah
Hope y'all are doing great. Things are gteat here. Hope things are good in NC..OH and Johnny wrote me an email too. Awesome. And I got to see Lauren the day before she left.
Love y'all.
Love
Hermana Rubow.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment