Hey family! This week has been good. We had exchanges, and I was with Hermana Wright. I learned so much from her. We had a really good day. We met a woman named N! She wants to raise her kids in a good environment. We started talking a little bit about standards and gave her a For the Strength of Youth pamphlet. We talked a little more and we briefly went over the Restoration. She seemed really interested in this message. It seemed to make sense to her. She is looking forward to us coming back on Tuesday to meet and teach her family. She also knows a member of the ward, and she's gone to a few activities. We also met a young girl named V. She is about 18. She's studied a lot with other religions and she's looking for the truth. She also knows a member family of the branch and she really loves them. She has a lot of potential. She also has a Book of Mormon. She told us that one night someone left it on her desk at work, and she went out to her car and there was a note on it saying "God loves you." She was really surprised about the Book of Mormon/note, and she talked to her friend, who is a part of the branch with her family, about it.
Later in the week we also had a good lesson with the A's. Her husband joined in, too. We taught the plan and they loved it. They both seem to want to change/make their life better, and I'm grateful to be here to help them understand that through this Gospel and the Atonement that they can change and make their life better for them and their family.
We also had a good lesson with A. and A. Hermana Corniea has met them before and she and Hermana Higgs had a lesson with A. on exchanges. When Hermana Corniea and I went, we read in the Introduction. They both seem to want to change and learn more about this church, and they are willing to do all they can to learn about it.
I'm also doing really well. I've learned a lot this week about obedience as I've been preparing for the obedience talk for zone conference this Friday. I love why we should be exactly obedient, but I don't feel like it's the typical "why" that people think of. As I've prepared for the talk, I've realized that we need to be obedient because Heavenly Father knows what really is best for us. He doesn't give us commandments for His benefit..it's all for us, for our protection and our happiness. And the same with the rules in this mission- they are all for our benefit. For me, when I think of it that way, it makes me want to be more obedient. I've also been learning a lot more about faith and faith in Christ for a talk this Sunday, and what the difference is between them. I'm still trying to make more clear the difference between the two, but I feel like faith is a hope for things not seen, but are true, and faith in Christ leads us to act on that faith. I've been thinking a lot of the example in the Mark where the father brings his son to Christ to be healed, and he says "help thou mine unbelief." I feel that the father had faith to be healed, but it was shaken when the apostles weren't able to help. But he still had the faith to turn to Christ, and he was healed. I'm sure this is all pretty obvious, but I feel like there is something "missing" that I need to help connect the two in my head. I've definitely learned a lot though from my studies.
Hermana Corniea and I are also doing really well. We are working on memorizing D&C 4 in spanish, and reviewing in english. We are working hard, and I really enjoy serving with her!
My thumb is also doing much better! I realized that I've been wearing a band aid on my thumb for almost a month. but, i've made them fun ones-the Muppets, Angry Birds, and today I'm getting colored ones. It's healing nicely and I'm so glad about that!
I'm also doing well. Its been weird adjusting, but It's a great area and the branch is great.
I hope y'all have a great week!!!! thank you soooo much for all you do!!!!
love yall
love
hermana rubow
PS!!!!! 10 DAYS IS MY YEAR MARK!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment