Monday, June 23, 2014

Transferring to Arroyo Grande!


This week has been pretty good! It's been crazy, but we've seen miracles. We were able to meet with K. She's a less active and Hermana Ah Mu and I have been trying to find her for two transfers. She's really cool! She was baptized in Mexico, and she stopped coming to church when she moved here three years ago because she didn't know where the building was. Her husband is not a member, and she has two kids that are 9 and 5. She reads with her husband almost every day in the Book of Mormon and he wants to learn more about the church. She also wants her son to be baptized, who is 9, and she wants both of her kids to grow up in the gospel. They also used to do family home evenings together, and she remembers a lot about church. We talked to her about getting her records moved as well, and she said she will talk to her aunt about all the information she needs. 

We also had a good lesson with S. and J. They're doing well. We watched Special Witnesses of Christ. They definitely felt something while watching it. But S. still has a problem with the Book of Mormon. J. didn't say too much after we watched it, but he seems like he really wants to learn.

We also had a good lesson with J. We taught the Gospel, and he really wants to be baptized! He knows this is the right thing for him, and he really wants his family to learn, too. He's also been teaching his wife how to drive so that he can go to church. And he's been talking to his wife about asking for a Saturday off so she can learn, too. And maybe even for aSunday off? He really wants to go to church with his family, and he knows that going to church will help him progress more. He is great!

And transfers! I am...........going to Arroyo Grande! It's in the Santa Maria zone! I'm white washing with Hermana Reyes. I hear she's cool! (white washing....two elders (or other missionaries, but in this case two elders)  were serving there, and now she and I are coming in) I'm not really sure about who's senior. not that that's really important. But I'm driving. :) And I'll probably finish my mission there, which is super weird to think about. And Hermana Ah Mu is staying, and she'll be with Hermana Proctor. Hermana Hardy is staying and training. 

I'm glad all went well with trek and the food! It looked intense. 

There's not too much going on here either. I've been packing. I'm almost done which is nice. Oh and I got my new card this past week. That's nice, too. Oh and Zone Conference was really good! It was just two hours. And it was just our zone. It was good to see the Castro's! I'm going to miss them sooooo much! But I'm excited to meet the Felix's, too! 

Oh and Wednesday we took Hermana Miller to the airport in San Luis Obispo. :( We had to leave at like 4:15 in the morning so she could get there by 5:15. We all miss her SO much, and the branch members, too. She is one of my favorite people on the planet! She's awesome :) We got back at 6:00, and President asked us to text him when we left our apartment and when we got back. When we got back, we asked if we could sleep, and he replied "please get some rest." Best. text. ever. that you could get from your mission president. I took a picture of it for you. :) 

And that's basically it. Thanks for all you do! I hope y'all have a great week! keep being awesome!

Love you!

Love,

Hermana Rubow :)

The best text ever that you can receive from a Mission President!  :)

We got shirts from the food bank and grabbed a 3x---and we all fit in the shirt!  :)

Garcia's Mexican Fast Food in Atascadero---Amazing!  :)


We get the funniest, coolest texts from our WML.  He's awesome!

Hannah's new area




No comments:

Post a Comment